Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fluorescent Flower studded Black Cake


For my sweet eccentric friend, I thought a black fondanted cake would be perfect. I knew in advance that she would wear a blue glittery dress because if you are a female you would know that even these intimate details are shared and planned together but back to the cake, I thought that multi colored flowers dusted in shimmering powder would go great with her dress and her personality. This friend is very bright, fun, artistic and back to eccentric. I chose to make ribbon flowers because they are easy to make and gives a modern look to a black cake. If you where with us while we cut into the first slice of this dark and mysterious cake, I am sure you would've been suprised by the hot pink buttercream layered between the dark chocolate sponges. In my opinion this was what a fun cake meant, full of suprises. So... I know that the picture above is a bit shaky and my friend Inez told me that my picture qualities weren't very great but I wanted to share the look of my friend's face when she saw her candle lit birthday cake. This is what people call a Kodak moment... I don't have Kodak btw.

2 comments:

  1. This is soooo fabulous! I will have to try this for the next big shendig we have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is edible! I refer to them as ribbon flowers b/c you just roll a piece of rolled-out gum paste to make this simplified version of flowers.

    ReplyDelete