Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Thirty Cake


To my sister who turned the big 3-0, special attention was needed from my part. Since we seem to be continents away during her birthdays, I am in New York while she is in Korea right now, I never had the chance to bake her a birthday cake. So this year I made a cake dummy (a fondant covered styrofoam round) and sent her a video clip of me singing happy birthday holding up the cake that read the "World's Best Sister." I also wanted to stress that she entered a new decade of her life so I shaped a piece of florists wire to read "thirty" in cursive. And since this cake is fake and my sister is far away, I thought it would be weird to add candles and blow them out myself. But next year, I'm hoping I get to wish her happy 31st with an edible cake lit with candles she can blow out.

No comments:

Post a Comment