Monday, October 26, 2009

Shooting Star Cake


I have a friend whose nickname is "Something"-STAR. That something is her last name so I will keep that something private because she's a very shy person. Well, for my STAR friend a star studded cake was obviously the way to go. She loves pink so I buttercreamed a two tiered cake with pink buttercream and piped stars with royal icing on parchment paper. Some stars got florists wire while others didn't. Then I planted these fragile royal icing stars on the cake. Imagine shooting stars and comets and something plain fun. This was the emotions that I intended people to get when they experienced this cake. So naturally I opted for sparkling candles to match this cake. My advice to cakers is this- birthdays are supposed to be fun and happy thus when creating a cake for your special one comes along, imagine outside the box. Try to make it more personlized by creating a design that goes with their personalities or their favorite things. Having this in mind I am sure you will come up with something very original and something very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment