Friday, October 30, 2009

Little Prince Cake




I've got to admit that I am really bad with recording my work of cakes. It's been a recent routine that I take pictures of my cake and I still do it with my cell phone (at least iPhone takes good quality pictures). This Comet Cake was actually a Little Prince themed cake. Is everyone familiar with the children's book? I baked a cake in an oven-proof bowl then tinted my white fondant with black to make a gray color and added some blue and some black gel food coloring and created a marble look to it. The cake was chocolate and the buttercream had chunks of Oreo which gave a rigid covering to the cake and when fondanted the fondant didn't need much tackling to get the rough look of the comet. Then I stuck some small silver and gold dragees to imitate the comet Little Prince is usually seen on. My friend had asked me to make this cake for her for her boyfriend, Alex. Alex is tall and has fair hair and he had always reminded her of the Little Prince. To complete the theme of the cake, my friend printed an image of Little Prince on regular paper and laminated it and we stuck a toothpick to insert this figure to the Comet Cake. Too bad I don't have the finished cake to share with you all but the cake and a book of Little Prince completed this themed birthday party for Alex's 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment