Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Blake Lively's 21st Birthday Cake


For the past week at work all I could think about was pink and gold which reminds me of Blake Lively's 21st birthday cake. We were taking part in the Martha Stewart Weddings 15th Anniversary event and the theme was pink and gold. So we scrambled to get as many candies we could in pink and gold. I also did some little cakes in pink and gold but they are not birthday cakes so you'll have to see them elsewhere, for example at http://www.amyatlas.blogspot.com/ or at the Martha Stewart Weddings Blog under the 15th Anniversary dessert table. Well, since ten in the morning until two hours ago, I was surrounded by more pink and gold at the Plaza, the venue of tonight's event. So it only makes sense to post a pink and gold birthday cake. Although I did not make this cake, I did watch the Ron Ben Israel team make this from start to finish ( I was working on a Peacock cake!) Truthfully I haven't seen much just pink and gold cake but if I had seen a hundred pink and gold birthday cakes I am positive this cake will still be my favorite pink and gold cake. If you are an avid tabloid reader like me, you probably would have seen it last year just around this time. Blake Lively's 21st birthday. The theme being art deco, the pink cake gilded with gold art deco ornaments was amazing. And I've got to say I am very lucky that I saw this cake in person. But I guess Blake is the lucky one for no 21st birthday cake could top this one off! I am finally off to bed and I can promise that after tonight there will be no mention of pink and gold for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment